Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Fibromyalgia and MS Judgers

It is so disturbing to watch people with FMS (Fibromyalgia Syndrome) and MS (Multiple Sclerosis) judge each other so harshly. Instead of supporting each other, we compare symptoms, severity, and say, "They are worse than me because they are weak, didn't try hard enough, didn't do the right thing."

I know it is so because I have witnessed it and done it myself. A few years after I was diagnosed, I was certain that another with MS was doing so poorly because they had followed a different path than I. Now I know the truth and have learned from my ignorance.

We experience disease in unique ways, especially these diseases we know so little about. Let us SUPPORT not THWART each other's journey with our words and thoughts.

FMS and MS can be mild to severe. The truth is, at this point in time, NOTHING has been proven to change which degree of disease activity a person will experience. Both diseases also can move from one speed to another with no intervention whatsoever.  

Live a healthy life, laugh, love, and support all humans as we travel together through our sometimes harsh lives.

3 comments:

twiceshy said...

It is so disturbing to watch people with FMS (Fibromyalgia Syndrome) and MS (Multiple Sclerosis) judge each other so harshly. Instead of supporting each other, we compare symptoms, severity, and say, "They are worse than me because they are weak, didn't try hard enough, didn't do the right thing."

I know it is so because I have witnessed it and done it myself. A few years after I was diagnosed, I was certain that another with MS was doing so poorly because they had followed a different path than I. Now I know the truth and have learned from my ignorance.

We experience disease in unique ways, especially these diseases we know so little about. Let us SUPPORT not THWART each other's journey with our words and thoughts.

FMS and MS can be mild to severe. The truth is, at this point in time, NOTHING has been proven to change which degree of disease activity a person will experience. Both diseases also can move from one speed to another with no intervention whatsoever.  

Live a healthy life, laugh, love, and support all humans as we travel together through our sometimes harsh lives.

Stumble Upon Toolbar
Diane J Standiford said...

It is so disturbing to watch people with FMS (Fibromyalgia Syndrome) and MS (Multiple Sclerosis) judge each other so harshly. Instead of supporting each other, we compare symptoms, severity, and say, "They are worse than me because they are weak, didn't try hard enough, didn't do the right thing."

I know it is so because I have witnessed it and done it myself. A few years after I was diagnosed, I was certain that another with MS was doing so poorly because they had followed a different path than I. Now I know the truth and have learned from my ignorance.

We experience disease in unique ways, especially these diseases we know so little about. Let us SUPPORT not THWART each other's journey with our words and thoughts.

FMS and MS can be mild to severe. The truth is, at this point in time, NOTHING has been proven to change which degree of disease activity a person will experience. Both diseases also can move from one speed to another with no intervention whatsoever.  

Live a healthy life, laugh, love, and support all humans as we travel together through our sometimes harsh lives.

Stumble Upon Toolbar
Ms. CrankyPants said...

It is so disturbing to watch people with FMS (Fibromyalgia Syndrome) and MS (Multiple Sclerosis) judge each other so harshly. Instead of supporting each other, we compare symptoms, severity, and say, "They are worse than me because they are weak, didn't try hard enough, didn't do the right thing."

I know it is so because I have witnessed it and done it myself. A few years after I was diagnosed, I was certain that another with MS was doing so poorly because they had followed a different path than I. Now I know the truth and have learned from my ignorance.

We experience disease in unique ways, especially these diseases we know so little about. Let us SUPPORT not THWART each other's journey with our words and thoughts.

FMS and MS can be mild to severe. The truth is, at this point in time, NOTHING has been proven to change which degree of disease activity a person will experience. Both diseases also can move from one speed to another with no intervention whatsoever.  

Live a healthy life, laugh, love, and support all humans as we travel together through our sometimes harsh lives.

Stumble Upon Toolbar
 
Outpost