Friday, January 25, 2013

Um eine gute schicksal A Good Life With MS

Yes, I am no longer blue. My nueurologist once said to me, "Um eine gute schicksal" (Not to be confused with having good fate in Germany, a country I would very much like to visit.) And so it seems true. I should never complain.


When I started this blog many was the time I wanted to quit, each time a reader would leave a comment or private email me and say something so touching that I felt compelled to continue on my blogging way. Happens once, nice, twice coincidence, thrice just plain um eine gute schicksal. My day of the blues was such a day.

In the mail (yes, some of us still write letters) was a card from a dear work-friend of mine. She retired shortly before I had to retire on disability and let me tell you those months without her sitting near me were sheer Hell. She and I were 'hard workers.' We arrived early, took appropriate breaks, stayed working all day long. For me, something died there when she left. We have stayed in touch with phone calls and letters. Christmas was a special time for her when she got to bake for hundreds of poor people. I can't tell you just now how wonderful she is, take my word---she is very special.

This Christmas I didn't get a card from her. The last I had heard from her she was not feeling well and had traveled too much to her home in Greece where the country is under great turmoil. I left messages that went unreturned and, well, I was concerned, so her card was just a treat! She explained in a note that the card had fallen in a pocket in her purse---it stayed there a month! Just hearing her voice in my head, laughing over the crazy Republicans or "Idiots," as she is apt to call them in her heavy Greek accent, talking politics, finances, old co-workers, just a great letter. It rejuvenated my spirit. She does that for me.

She will never know how perfect her timing was--thank you purse!

I read a recent study (mostly junk, but oh well) about how love is most important in small doses, that love begets love, so even the briefest encounter with love is a boom to good health and longevity, actually producing (according to the survey out of North Carolina University) cells that help our immune system. That leter was my small dose and indeed it made more love flow over me and today I am far from blue! Yea love! Yea um eine gute schicksal!

2 comments:

Ms. CrankyPants said...

Yes, I am no longer blue. My nueurologist once said to me, "Um eine gute schicksal" (Not to be confused with having good fate in Germany, a country I would very much like to visit.) And so it seems true. I should never complain.


When I started this blog many was the time I wanted to quit, each time a reader would leave a comment or private email me and say something so touching that I felt compelled to continue on my blogging way. Happens once, nice, twice coincidence, thrice just plain um eine gute schicksal. My day of the blues was such a day.

In the mail (yes, some of us still write letters) was a card from a dear work-friend of mine. She retired shortly before I had to retire on disability and let me tell you those months without her sitting near me were sheer Hell. She and I were 'hard workers.' We arrived early, took appropriate breaks, stayed working all day long. For me, something died there when she left. We have stayed in touch with phone calls and letters. Christmas was a special time for her when she got to bake for hundreds of poor people. I can't tell you just now how wonderful she is, take my word---she is very special.

This Christmas I didn't get a card from her. The last I had heard from her she was not feeling well and had traveled too much to her home in Greece where the country is under great turmoil. I left messages that went unreturned and, well, I was concerned, so her card was just a treat! She explained in a note that the card had fallen in a pocket in her purse---it stayed there a month! Just hearing her voice in my head, laughing over the crazy Republicans or "Idiots," as she is apt to call them in her heavy Greek accent, talking politics, finances, old co-workers, just a great letter. It rejuvenated my spirit. She does that for me.

She will never know how perfect her timing was--thank you purse!

I read a recent study (mostly junk, but oh well) about how love is most important in small doses, that love begets love, so even the briefest encounter with love is a boom to good health and longevity, actually producing (according to the survey out of North Carolina University) cells that help our immune system. That leter was my small dose and indeed it made more love flow over me and today I am far from blue! Yea love! Yea um eine gute schicksal!

Stumble Upon Toolbar
Diane J Standiford said...

Yes, I am no longer blue. My nueurologist once said to me, "Um eine gute schicksal" (Not to be confused with having good fate in Germany, a country I would very much like to visit.) And so it seems true. I should never complain.


When I started this blog many was the time I wanted to quit, each time a reader would leave a comment or private email me and say something so touching that I felt compelled to continue on my blogging way. Happens once, nice, twice coincidence, thrice just plain um eine gute schicksal. My day of the blues was such a day.

In the mail (yes, some of us still write letters) was a card from a dear work-friend of mine. She retired shortly before I had to retire on disability and let me tell you those months without her sitting near me were sheer Hell. She and I were 'hard workers.' We arrived early, took appropriate breaks, stayed working all day long. For me, something died there when she left. We have stayed in touch with phone calls and letters. Christmas was a special time for her when she got to bake for hundreds of poor people. I can't tell you just now how wonderful she is, take my word---she is very special.

This Christmas I didn't get a card from her. The last I had heard from her she was not feeling well and had traveled too much to her home in Greece where the country is under great turmoil. I left messages that went unreturned and, well, I was concerned, so her card was just a treat! She explained in a note that the card had fallen in a pocket in her purse---it stayed there a month! Just hearing her voice in my head, laughing over the crazy Republicans or "Idiots," as she is apt to call them in her heavy Greek accent, talking politics, finances, old co-workers, just a great letter. It rejuvenated my spirit. She does that for me.

She will never know how perfect her timing was--thank you purse!

I read a recent study (mostly junk, but oh well) about how love is most important in small doses, that love begets love, so even the briefest encounter with love is a boom to good health and longevity, actually producing (according to the survey out of North Carolina University) cells that help our immune system. That leter was my small dose and indeed it made more love flow over me and today I am far from blue! Yea love! Yea um eine gute schicksal!

Stumble Upon Toolbar
 
Outpost