Thursday, January 2, 2014

FIGHTING MS WITH BATTERIES

When you are stuck in a wheel chair, it is very important to MOVE WHAT YOU CAN. MS makes moving your muscles all the more difficult when your body is frozen by a touch of Bell's palsy. My ability to stand was greatly reduced to NOT ABLE during the last four months. With little help from any medical experts (ick, such ridiculous words), I turned again to the gateway to salvation for MS sufferers--the INTERNET. I was determined to find some device to help me get moving again.

Let the games begin: Here is a battery operated sleeve that vibrates to move my feet, ankles, and calve muscles. It was inexpensive, under $30 and it works! I have used it for a week and my feet are moving again. I only kept it on about 5 minutes each foot/calf In fact, I am thrilled to say that I stood with my walker today for a good 5 minutes, the longest in FOUR MONTHS! (I have been asked where to find this item and darn of I do not know! Partner swears it came from a on line place called Golden Violin, but I am not sure. Search battery operated leg messager and you will find many choices.)

This device is also good for long plane flights or just sitting at work TOO LONG---gets the blood flowing and apparently the nerves too!

So many "devices" out there, just a matter of doing our own homework and finding them. When it comes to MS, we must be our own "expert."

3 comments:

Muffie said...

When you are stuck in a wheel chair, it is very important to MOVE WHAT YOU CAN. MS makes moving your muscles all the more difficult when your body is frozen by a touch of Bell's palsy. My ability to stand was greatly reduced to NOT ABLE during the last four months. With little help from any medical experts (ick, such ridiculous words), I turned again to the gateway to salvation for MS sufferers--the INTERNET. I was determined to find some device to help me get moving again.

Let the games begin: Here is a battery operated sleeve that vibrates to move my feet, ankles, and calve muscles. It was inexpensive, under $30 and it works! I have used it for a week and my feet are moving again. I only kept it on about 5 minutes each foot/calf In fact, I am thrilled to say that I stood with my walker today for a good 5 minutes, the longest in FOUR MONTHS! (I have been asked where to find this item and darn of I do not know! Partner swears it came from a on line place called Golden Violin, but I am not sure. Search battery operated leg messager and you will find many choices.)

This device is also good for long plane flights or just sitting at work TOO LONG---gets the blood flowing and apparently the nerves too!

So many "devices" out there, just a matter of doing our own homework and finding them. When it comes to MS, we must be our own "expert."

Stumble Upon Toolbar
Diane J Standiford said...

When you are stuck in a wheel chair, it is very important to MOVE WHAT YOU CAN. MS makes moving your muscles all the more difficult when your body is frozen by a touch of Bell's palsy. My ability to stand was greatly reduced to NOT ABLE during the last four months. With little help from any medical experts (ick, such ridiculous words), I turned again to the gateway to salvation for MS sufferers--the INTERNET. I was determined to find some device to help me get moving again.

Let the games begin: Here is a battery operated sleeve that vibrates to move my feet, ankles, and calve muscles. It was inexpensive, under $30 and it works! I have used it for a week and my feet are moving again. I only kept it on about 5 minutes each foot/calf In fact, I am thrilled to say that I stood with my walker today for a good 5 minutes, the longest in FOUR MONTHS! (I have been asked where to find this item and darn of I do not know! Partner swears it came from a on line place called Golden Violin, but I am not sure. Search battery operated leg messager and you will find many choices.)

This device is also good for long plane flights or just sitting at work TOO LONG---gets the blood flowing and apparently the nerves too!

So many "devices" out there, just a matter of doing our own homework and finding them. When it comes to MS, we must be our own "expert."

Stumble Upon Toolbar
OldLady Of The Hills said...

When you are stuck in a wheel chair, it is very important to MOVE WHAT YOU CAN. MS makes moving your muscles all the more difficult when your body is frozen by a touch of Bell's palsy. My ability to stand was greatly reduced to NOT ABLE during the last four months. With little help from any medical experts (ick, such ridiculous words), I turned again to the gateway to salvation for MS sufferers--the INTERNET. I was determined to find some device to help me get moving again.

Let the games begin: Here is a battery operated sleeve that vibrates to move my feet, ankles, and calve muscles. It was inexpensive, under $30 and it works! I have used it for a week and my feet are moving again. I only kept it on about 5 minutes each foot/calf In fact, I am thrilled to say that I stood with my walker today for a good 5 minutes, the longest in FOUR MONTHS! (I have been asked where to find this item and darn of I do not know! Partner swears it came from a on line place called Golden Violin, but I am not sure. Search battery operated leg messager and you will find many choices.)

This device is also good for long plane flights or just sitting at work TOO LONG---gets the blood flowing and apparently the nerves too!

So many "devices" out there, just a matter of doing our own homework and finding them. When it comes to MS, we must be our own "expert."

Stumble Upon Toolbar
 
Outpost