Wednesday, January 15, 2014

JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL, I'M GOING BACK TO SLEEP

Coming back from my Bell's palsy and last MS attack has been hard, I won't sugar coat it, but I have had to deal with much worse. Today I stood (always with walker) and each stand is thrilling. My caregivers here are a new bunch of very little help. I am looking for a new assisted living home, enough is enough. (FYI--there are no inexpensive ones in Seattle, I figure all my money runs out in 5 years---sweet dreams.)

So, after I made it up this morning my 40-something Kenyan caregiver is so happy! She didn't help me at all, I mean it is all she can do to peel an orange, oh wait, she didn't peel the orange that was sitting boldly on the table where it always sits to be peeled. She has been doing the 1-hour morning "wake up" duty for almost a month now, 3 days a week, still must be told what to do and still does 1/3 of it. (And I waited 6 months for this gem.) Still, she sees me try so hard each morning.

Right before she left, she comes close to me, bends near, "Are you a Christian?"

OY BOY, here it comes. I posted once about my Ethiopian caregiver who spent 4 hours every M-F talking God to me and me asking questions to the point of her great frustration. I don't argue, but out of need I have read the Bible to defend all the street preachers who see a disabled or gay person and just MUST set me straight, you know, keep me from Hell. (Christians are so considerate in that way and since according to them they alone know THE WAY out of Hell...)

I immediately responded, "Yes." She immediately told me Christ will help me walk and he was with us now. I immediately continued, "I am Jewish too and Muslim and Atheist, I...."  She had heard all she needed, was nodding, smiling (which I never see on her morning visits), and I doubt she understood my words. I doubt she understands most of what I tell her each morning.

In my 56 years I have found the most miserable people are either Christians or used to be miserable until they "found Christ." I also have seen the most hypocrites, gun toters, beer drinkers, adulterers, mean people who say they are Christians. And when someone they love dies---they fall apart! They are always praying for SOMETHING and football players praying for a win---makes me sick.

Anyway, it is America and I must live with all this nonsense, but really I wish they would live and let live. I have accepted a lot more of THEM than they ME, so who is the REAL "Christian" here? Oh well.

It is simply EXPECTED that any sick person should be praying for help. Yeah, that always makes us all better, right? No worries, people tell me at least once a year that they will pray for me.

2 comments:

Judy at Peace Be With You said...

Coming back from my Bell's palsy and last MS attack has been hard, I won't sugar coat it, but I have had to deal with much worse. Today I stood (always with walker) and each stand is thrilling. My caregivers here are a new bunch of very little help. I am looking for a new assisted living home, enough is enough. (FYI--there are no inexpensive ones in Seattle, I figure all my money runs out in 5 years---sweet dreams.)

So, after I made it up this morning my 40-something Kenyan caregiver is so happy! She didn't help me at all, I mean it is all she can do to peel an orange, oh wait, she didn't peel the orange that was sitting boldly on the table where it always sits to be peeled. She has been doing the 1-hour morning "wake up" duty for almost a month now, 3 days a week, still must be told what to do and still does 1/3 of it. (And I waited 6 months for this gem.) Still, she sees me try so hard each morning.

Right before she left, she comes close to me, bends near, "Are you a Christian?"

OY BOY, here it comes. I posted once about my Ethiopian caregiver who spent 4 hours every M-F talking God to me and me asking questions to the point of her great frustration. I don't argue, but out of need I have read the Bible to defend all the street preachers who see a disabled or gay person and just MUST set me straight, you know, keep me from Hell. (Christians are so considerate in that way and since according to them they alone know THE WAY out of Hell...)

I immediately responded, "Yes." She immediately told me Christ will help me walk and he was with us now. I immediately continued, "I am Jewish too and Muslim and Atheist, I...."  She had heard all she needed, was nodding, smiling (which I never see on her morning visits), and I doubt she understood my words. I doubt she understands most of what I tell her each morning.

In my 56 years I have found the most miserable people are either Christians or used to be miserable until they "found Christ." I also have seen the most hypocrites, gun toters, beer drinkers, adulterers, mean people who say they are Christians. And when someone they love dies---they fall apart! They are always praying for SOMETHING and football players praying for a win---makes me sick.

Anyway, it is America and I must live with all this nonsense, but really I wish they would live and let live. I have accepted a lot more of THEM than they ME, so who is the REAL "Christian" here? Oh well.

It is simply EXPECTED that any sick person should be praying for help. Yeah, that always makes us all better, right? No worries, people tell me at least once a year that they will pray for me.

Stumble Upon Toolbar
Webster said...

Coming back from my Bell's palsy and last MS attack has been hard, I won't sugar coat it, but I have had to deal with much worse. Today I stood (always with walker) and each stand is thrilling. My caregivers here are a new bunch of very little help. I am looking for a new assisted living home, enough is enough. (FYI--there are no inexpensive ones in Seattle, I figure all my money runs out in 5 years---sweet dreams.)

So, after I made it up this morning my 40-something Kenyan caregiver is so happy! She didn't help me at all, I mean it is all she can do to peel an orange, oh wait, she didn't peel the orange that was sitting boldly on the table where it always sits to be peeled. She has been doing the 1-hour morning "wake up" duty for almost a month now, 3 days a week, still must be told what to do and still does 1/3 of it. (And I waited 6 months for this gem.) Still, she sees me try so hard each morning.

Right before she left, she comes close to me, bends near, "Are you a Christian?"

OY BOY, here it comes. I posted once about my Ethiopian caregiver who spent 4 hours every M-F talking God to me and me asking questions to the point of her great frustration. I don't argue, but out of need I have read the Bible to defend all the street preachers who see a disabled or gay person and just MUST set me straight, you know, keep me from Hell. (Christians are so considerate in that way and since according to them they alone know THE WAY out of Hell...)

I immediately responded, "Yes." She immediately told me Christ will help me walk and he was with us now. I immediately continued, "I am Jewish too and Muslim and Atheist, I...."  She had heard all she needed, was nodding, smiling (which I never see on her morning visits), and I doubt she understood my words. I doubt she understands most of what I tell her each morning.

In my 56 years I have found the most miserable people are either Christians or used to be miserable until they "found Christ." I also have seen the most hypocrites, gun toters, beer drinkers, adulterers, mean people who say they are Christians. And when someone they love dies---they fall apart! They are always praying for SOMETHING and football players praying for a win---makes me sick.

Anyway, it is America and I must live with all this nonsense, but really I wish they would live and let live. I have accepted a lot more of THEM than they ME, so who is the REAL "Christian" here? Oh well.

It is simply EXPECTED that any sick person should be praying for help. Yeah, that always makes us all better, right? No worries, people tell me at least once a year that they will pray for me.

Stumble Upon Toolbar
 
Outpost