Saturday, February 22, 2014

Photos From Years Gone By with Lavon Rector

 And as I ready for our move to a new home, still clearing out some old photos. Above is a friend of Aunt Vi's of whom she spoke fondly of: Lavon Rector---if you have ever heard of her family, then let me know.

 Karenlee and me celebrating our 17th anniversary at The Top of the Space Needle in Seattle. "And 17 more!" Yes, that would be now. I remember this was not long after one of my surgeries for ovarian cancer.

Left to right top family photo 1952: the men, Great-uncle Homer, Aunt Vi's brother, Ray Dotzer the husband of Hazel, Aunt Vi's sister. The women--my Aunt Bea, my mom, Ivah Springer (Aunt Vi's friend,) Betty Springer (Ivah's brother's wife,) Hazel, Marge (Hazel & Ray's daughter)--the kids: my brothers and Marge's daughter.
 
BOTTOM PHOTO: On floor my brothers and Ivah's nephew playing poker. I am on Ivah's niece's husband's lap pretending to read a comic book while learning poker at age 3.
Notice small TV set in Aunt Vi's bedroom.

1 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

 And as I ready for our move to a new home, still clearing out some old photos. Above is a friend of Aunt Vi's of whom she spoke fondly of: Lavon Rector---if you have ever heard of her family, then let me know.

 Karenlee and me celebrating our 17th anniversary at The Top of the Space Needle in Seattle. "And 17 more!" Yes, that would be now. I remember this was not long after one of my surgeries for ovarian cancer.

Left to right top family photo 1952: the men, Great-uncle Homer, Aunt Vi's brother, Ray Dotzer the husband of Hazel, Aunt Vi's sister. The women--my Aunt Bea, my mom, Ivah Springer (Aunt Vi's friend,) Betty Springer (Ivah's brother's wife,) Hazel, Marge (Hazel & Ray's daughter)--the kids: my brothers and Marge's daughter.
 
BOTTOM PHOTO: On floor my brothers and Ivah's nephew playing poker. I am on Ivah's niece's husband's lap pretending to read a comic book while learning poker at age 3.
Notice small TV set in Aunt Vi's bedroom.

Stumble Upon Toolbar
 
Outpost