Monday, June 9, 2014

PHOTOS MY NEW LIFE IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

I just am collecting so many pix of my new assisted living home neighborhood, must share: all were taken within a block of my new home. You will understand why I LOVE it here!
Out the back doors (with push buttons to allow access to me & my power chair)  is a small, brick, street loaded with small shops and great charm. Every Sunday is a Farmer's Market, always packed with vendors, musicians, and people! 

 Here is my first problem, my toilet seat is not compatible with former toilet. Maintenance and I will figure it out.
 Another musician.
 Another dog.
 Our apt. with "Home Sweet Home" Habitat for Humanity bear greeting visitors.
 I had to decide which cap to wear, my Seattle Storm (our women's pro basketball team) hat said, "CHOOSE ME!" so I did.
In the Starbuck's the woman in pic came up to me, asking how I liked the team, had I been to the last game (I've never been to any pro game here) and she offered me tickets. "Call me anytime you need tickets." She turned out to be one of their coaches!

 There is 'street art' everywhere in Seattle, and MUCH in the block of my new home. Like the trees?

Here  is "Bible and Coffee" on that quaint little street behind my home. Hmmm,  I will check it out.

A homeless Vietnam Vet selling a small newspaper, "Small Change," that helps the poor make some money. Many of their articles written by the down and out who need a break. Today he got some dough for posing for a blog.

I just LOVE living here!

2 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I just am collecting so many pix of my new assisted living home neighborhood, must share: all were taken within a block of my new home. You will understand why I LOVE it here!
Out the back doors (with push buttons to allow access to me & my power chair)  is a small, brick, street loaded with small shops and great charm. Every Sunday is a Farmer's Market, always packed with vendors, musicians, and people! 

 Here is my first problem, my toilet seat is not compatible with former toilet. Maintenance and I will figure it out.
 Another musician.
 Another dog.
 Our apt. with "Home Sweet Home" Habitat for Humanity bear greeting visitors.
 I had to decide which cap to wear, my Seattle Storm (our women's pro basketball team) hat said, "CHOOSE ME!" so I did.
In the Starbuck's the woman in pic came up to me, asking how I liked the team, had I been to the last game (I've never been to any pro game here) and she offered me tickets. "Call me anytime you need tickets." She turned out to be one of their coaches!

 There is 'street art' everywhere in Seattle, and MUCH in the block of my new home. Like the trees?

Here  is "Bible and Coffee" on that quaint little street behind my home. Hmmm,  I will check it out.

A homeless Vietnam Vet selling a small newspaper, "Small Change," that helps the poor make some money. Many of their articles written by the down and out who need a break. Today he got some dough for posing for a blog.

I just LOVE living here!

Stumble Upon Toolbar
Judy at Peace Be With You said...

I just am collecting so many pix of my new assisted living home neighborhood, must share: all were taken within a block of my new home. You will understand why I LOVE it here!
Out the back doors (with push buttons to allow access to me & my power chair)  is a small, brick, street loaded with small shops and great charm. Every Sunday is a Farmer's Market, always packed with vendors, musicians, and people! 

 Here is my first problem, my toilet seat is not compatible with former toilet. Maintenance and I will figure it out.
 Another musician.
 Another dog.
 Our apt. with "Home Sweet Home" Habitat for Humanity bear greeting visitors.
 I had to decide which cap to wear, my Seattle Storm (our women's pro basketball team) hat said, "CHOOSE ME!" so I did.
In the Starbuck's the woman in pic came up to me, asking how I liked the team, had I been to the last game (I've never been to any pro game here) and she offered me tickets. "Call me anytime you need tickets." She turned out to be one of their coaches!

 There is 'street art' everywhere in Seattle, and MUCH in the block of my new home. Like the trees?

Here  is "Bible and Coffee" on that quaint little street behind my home. Hmmm,  I will check it out.

A homeless Vietnam Vet selling a small newspaper, "Small Change," that helps the poor make some money. Many of their articles written by the down and out who need a break. Today he got some dough for posing for a blog.

I just LOVE living here!

Stumble Upon Toolbar
 
Outpost